Sunday, June 5, 2011

Thank You Hollywood!

It's is 2011 and yet race is still a factor. Can you believe it? Race is still a factor even when it comes to dating. People are weary to date outside their race. If it means the race will be a black person. Black people, especially black women are consider the bottom of the barrel. The media says black woman have attitudes and are filled with drama. Shows like Atlanta Housewives is a perfect example of black women acting a fool (they act horribly even more so when they have money). The world sees this. I mean, it is Hollywood ("the media"), so it must be true. Right? It is 2011 and the same stereotypes of a "black" women are overplayed and the world accepts it, because it has become the norm--nothing has been differently shown otherwise. Another example, VH1's upcoming show called "Single Ladies". And when we do see a black woman with poise and grace, we are shocked and in disbelief.

 I am a black woman. I have always admired the decorum and detailed traditions/cultures of other ethnicities. I love people. I admire the simple traditions that they host in their homes (the ones the take for granted I find fascinating). My entire life, I have been this way. I get exited about diversity and find the beauty in everyone. The first crush I had ever had was on a white boy. lol. This is not to say that I find black men unattractive. I've been with only black men in my adult life, but I have always been hungry for something more. I just desire and feel happier around what I am attracted to, not what I am settling for. We all have preferences. There is nothing wrong with that. Some people prefer their significant other to be shorter than them or have "this", "this", and "this".

Recently, I did something different. I decided that I want the opportunity to be with someone other than black. On my quest in seeking the guy that I like to get to know. I realized that they don't want me. It's sad right. You put yourself out online and the only ones who coming knocking are the ones that you do not want. I've been there and done that. I want something different now. And I was not rejected because I am ugly, because that's not the case. I am well educated and have class. They rejected me because they didn't want.

The ones I don't want, chase me down, send me emails, winks, etc. I never once said that I didn't pursue, because I did and I was still rejected. They consider me scrap, when they don't even know me. They say they are "open-minded" and have "no preference", but they do. I will never be on the menu for them. I can learn every language in the world, and they still would think low of me. To find that one guy who is willing to step out of his comfort zone is nearly impossible. He would have to go against his family's perception and the criticism from others is too great and destructive. If I were white, things would have been "easy".

I blame Hollywood for this. I blame the American society for having such great power and teaching the world that I am nothing but low class. Thank you Hollywood for ruining my future and forcing me to stay alone for the rest of my life, because no one wants to take a chance on dating the "black" girl, especially since I am dark skinned and  not light skinned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment